An overview of the solutions for integrating Skyword360 with your content management system
Skyword360™ streamlines and simplifies every step of the content creation and publishing process, and Skyword’s integration options make it easy to transfer content to your channel's website or content management system (CMS) for publishing.
Since Skyword offers many different ways to integrate with your channel's website or CMS, it's important to work with your Skyword point of contact to streamline the entire process from kick off to publication.
- Integration kick-off: The process begins with a formal meeting attended by your site administrator, your Skyword representative, and other technical parties. The attendees discuss the integration options and select the best method. Skyword representatives then outline the steps needed to bring the integration to life. You should come prepared to discuss your CMS, the data you expect Skyword360 to send, and who will be involved in the integration process.
- CMS setup and plugin installation: If a Skyword plugin integration method is chosen, your site administrator will be in charge of installing the plugin. Please see detailed information in this guide to learn more about Skyword's plug and play integrations.
- Transmission of test content: Your Skyword representative creates test data and publishes to your CMS. After a successful send, your site administrator must confirm that all necessary fields transmitted correctly. If additional work is required, Skyword representatives work with you to make changes to the integration and retest as needed. When you have confirmed that Skyword360 data is being received correctly, the test data is removed out of the platform.
- First production publication: Once properly integrated, Skyword360 seamlessly sends content straight to your CMS. Your Skyword representative conducts a post-production review to ensure that your channel is taking advantage of all the benefits of publishing directly from Skyword360.
- Support and ongoing troubleshooting: For as long as you remain a Skyword client, you will receive ongoing integration support as needed. Contact your Skyword representative to discuss your needs.
Supported Integration Options
Skyword offers a number of integration solutions tailored for various CMS software and various export processes. Detailed integration guides are available for several publishing options. Contact your Skyword representative to obtain additional documentation.
- Skyword Publishing API: A communications protocol with fully open sourced specs for clients who want to develop their own integration solution. Skyword offers pre-built plugins for Drupal 9 and WordPress CMSs.
- WordPress Integration: Skyword offers both a plugin for WordPress using the XML-RPC protocol and a WordPress implementation of the Skyword Publishing API using REST. Content approved in your Skyword360 channel is either delivered to your CMS or automatically published to your site.
- Drupal Integration: Skyword has implemented its Push Publishing solution as the Skyword Module for Drupal 9. Content approved in your Skyword360 channel is automatically delivered to your Drupal CMS. Other Drupal versions can be integrated using the Skyword Publishing Feed.
- AEM Integration: Skyword offers an AEM service for clients using Adobe Experience Manager that pulls approved content from Skyword360.
- Skyword Publishing Feed: Approved content is delivered in XML or JSON as a feed. This integration method usually requires some level of customization. Recommended for clients who have custom websites or CMSs.
- Manual Export Options: You can export approved content manually by copying and pasting it from Skyword360, or exporting it to a CSV file. Recommended for clients who have a small volume of content or need to get started quickly.
- Video Hosting and Publishing: With video integrations, your approved video content can be hosted on Kaltura or published directly to YouTube.
- Single Sign-On: With single sign-on, you can log in to multiple applications using a single username and password.
Updated 12 months ago