Publishing Feed Integration Specs
- Versions supported: Any CMS that can accept an XML or JSON data feed.
- Installation tasks: Set up a process that routinely checks for new content and downloads from a key-protected URL, then parses the feed to store content in your CMS or file system and get and store associated images or binary attachments.
- Content template: Skyword360 supports multiple rich media components such as single line text, large body HTML text, drop-down menus and tagging based on taxonomies, multi-select fields, image attachment upload, file attachments, checkboxes. The platform can enforce mandatory requirements, cardinality, and validations.
- Data transmitted: Skyword360 outputs an XML or JSON feed of approved content to a secured URL. The feed can include multiple content items of varying content types, and the format can be customized to match your data model or content template. Typically, the feed includes the following values.
|Title||The title of the content item. Maximum length is 255 characters. Simple plaintext characters only, no HTML.|
|ID||The Skyword360 internal identifier for the content item. This is a plaintext 20-digit numeric. This is the primary way of identifying a Skyword360 article and particularly useful when checking for duplicate content or troubleshooting issues.|
|Content Body||The full content body of the article. Maximum length is 65,535 characters. This element contains HTML markup in escaped entity encoding format. It typically also includes the Skyword Tracking Tag code.|
|Description||A short description of the item.|
|Author Name||The byline of the writer. Maximum length is 255 characters. Simple plaintext characters only.|
|Category||The category name of the article. All articles are classified into one and only one client defined category. Maximum length is 60 characters. Plaintext characters only.|
|Tags||The HTML of the article. This can be different than the formal title of the article in order to more fully optimize (SEO) the content.|
|Keywords||The keyword(s) used to optimize (SEO) the article content.|
|Image alt text||While actual images are sent as reference nodes and must be downloaded separately, the image metadata is included in the XML stream.|
|Action||The action to perform in your CMS (for example, create, update, or delete).|
- Image transmission: If your content type requires images or any form of file attachment, these must be downloaded separately. Binary data is not transmitted or encoded in the content XML stream. Instead a reference node is sent that contains the identifier of the file in Skyword360.
Updated over 3 years ago